When it comes to tackling the great outdoors, and towing a trailer on the route less taken, the 2019 Titan XD Pro-4X is one of Edmunds’ favorites.
Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X: Best “Heavy-Duty Off-Road Truck”
Nissan’s truck lineup just got a little more award-winning. The 2019 Titan XD Pro-4X was recently named one of the year’s best heavy-duty trucks for off-road adventures by venerable car organization Edmunds. The beastly Titan XD is one of the year’s hottest heavy-duty trucks, and the Pro-4X trim takes it to new off-road readiness. Here’s why Edmunds couldn’t get enough of Nissan’s truck.
Towing to the Top
Edmunds found the 2019 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X to be a cut above the rest when they named it one of the top heavy-duty off-road trucks of the year. The car site described the Titan XD Pro-4X as “comfortable, capable and brutish” in all the best ways.
Reviewers praised the Titan XD’s standard 5.6-liter gasoline-fed V8 engine. Edmunds did note, however, that the Titan XD seems torn between two worlds. Though the Titan technically fits the heavy-duty moniker, the truck’s towing capacity leaves a bit to be desired for raw strength. At around 11,000 pounds of pull, it is on the low end for heavy-duty capabilities.
The Titan XD didn’t win awards for towing tenacity, though, it won for the impressive features that make it an off-road rockstar. The Titan XD sports an expansive interior for a truck, leaving lots of space for passengers and cargo as you conquer the great outdoors. Sitting for long periods of time won’t bust your butt, thanks to extra-comfortable seats.
With 4×4 strength and all-terrain tires, no surface can slow down the Titan XD Pro-4X. Obstacles and bumps on the unpaved path ahead are no match for the heavy-duty truck’s off-road-tuned Bilstein shocks and lockable rear differential. For extra performance and perfection, the Titan XD Pro-4X features hill descent control and skid plates.
- Truck Model: 2019 Nissan Titan XD
- Trim: Crew Cab Pro-4X (King Cab also available)
- Starting Price: $49,490 MSRP
- Engine: 5.6-liter DOHC 32-Valve V8 engine
- Transmission: 7-Speed Automatic
- Combined mpg: not available
- Horsepower: 390 hp @ 5,800 rpm
- Torque: 394 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
- Towing Capacity: 10,950
- Max Payload: 2,470
- Hill Start Assist
- Hill Descent Control
- Electronic Locking Rear Differential
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Independent Double-Wishbone Front Suspension with Stabilizer Bar
- Multi-Leaf Rear Suspension with Solid Axle and Stabilizer Bar
- Bilstein Off-Road Performance Shocks
- 18” x 7.5” Dark Finished Aluminum-Alloy Wheels
- LT275/65R18 All-Terrain Tires
- Advanced Drive-Assist Display
- Nissan Door to Door Navigation
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto
- SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link with 3-Month Trial
- Nissan Voice Recognition
- Bluetooth Hands-Free
- Rearview Monitor
- Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- Rear Air Conditioning Vents
- Nissan Intelligent Key with Door Handle Request Switch and Push Button Ignition
- Proximity Activation (Puddle Lights, LED Signature Headlights, Cargo and Bed-Mounted Lights)
- Cruise Control with Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls
- Rear Door Alert
- Front Captain’s Chairs with Configurable Center Console
- 8-Way Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat
- Driver-Side Power Lumbar Support
- 60/40 Split Fold-Up Rear Bench Seat